The following is my Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten Math curriculum. As time goes on I will continue to add projects that correspond with each of these units. You can also find projects on my Pinterest boards.
Counting Unit – Counting to 20, counting objects up to 10, and visually recognizing numbers up to 10.
- Easter Egg Matching Activity from Room Mom 101
- Play Hidden Numbers from Education.com
- Fishing in the Sea Counting Game from Lakeshore Learning
- Big Bead Threading for Little Finger – Putting Numbers in Order from I Can Teach My Child
- Pretend Play Makes Math More Fun from No Time For Flash Cards
- Number Trains from Living Life Intentionally
- How to Teach Counting and Basic Math Concepts with Number Tiles from Five Js
Shapes Unit - Recognizing square, circle, triangle, rectangle
- Making Shapes from Chasing Cheerios
Patterns Unit – Understanding patterns – AB, AABB, and ABC
- Learning Pattern with Mega Blocks
- Popsicle Stick Patterns from Mess for Less
- Lego Patterns from The Tutor House
- Patterning Game from Dr. Ben Kim
- Math Games: Repeating Patterns from Nurture Store
Sorting Unit – Sorting by color, size and shape
- Montessori Activity: Nuts and Bolts from Toddler Approved!
Relation Unit – Understanding – more, less, same, bigger, smaller, same and different.
- A Super Simple Math Dice Game “Which is Bigger?” from In Lieu of Preschool
- Math Munchers from Maisyflops and Ollipops
Money – Introduction to it’s uses and value
- Money Lesson Ideas from Preschool Alphabet
** To form my preschool/pre-kindergarten curriculum outline I searched other curriculums to see what information they were covering. I also used the book “What Your Preschooler Should Know.” Finally I added any subjects in which my son has shown interest. From there I searched for fun projects and educational activities that would teach the information for these units. If you have any questions about the information covered here please let me know **